Founding Middle School Math and Science Teacher
About the Position
The middle school math and science teacher will deliver integrated STEM-oriented instruction using project-based learning methods. S/he will create and implement high quality, engaging project-based, multi-disciplinary instructional units aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Mathematical reasoning and skill development will be enhanced through the connections made to earth, life and physical science. Students will learn to think, speak, write and behave like mathematicians and scientists through repeated exposure to the scientific inquiry and the application of skills.
Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited to:
* Develop and teach clear and engaging project-based learning lessons and units
* Utilize formal and informal assessment data to drive instruction and ensure student mastery of standards
* Build a warm and inclusive classroom environment
* Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
* Create and maintain strong relationships with students and families
* Actively participate in grade-level meetings, collaborative planning, and ongoing professional development
* Accept ultimate responsibility for the academic progress of his or her students, and work to actively overcome setbacks
An ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
* Is passionate about life, learning and teaching
*Embraces feedback and is committed to continually improving his or her instructional practice
*Thinks creatively and flexibly about curricula
*Understands and practices "backward design" lesson and unit planning that is student centered
* Knowledge of and experience with blended learning and project-based learning
*Believes in student voice and choice and develops classroom structures that support and encourage student independence
*Commits to incorporating 21st Century educational tools and approaches, including the total integration of technology and constructivist methodologies
*Reflects and refines practice on an ongoing basis
*Welcomes and values professional development and collaboration with colleagues
*Respects the nature of our dual secular and Judaic curricula and appreciates that they are of equal importance to our students and families.
*Loves the adolescent age range and desires to nurture the social, emotional, moral and ethical growth of students as a role model
*Willing to wear multiple/many hats in service to our growing school community.
*Ability to manage projects, including those involving integration of technology and innovation in a classroom setting
Qualified applicants will also meet the following minimum criteria:
*Bachelor’s degree or higher
*Superior written and oral communication skills
*Demonstrated broad and deep knowledge of best practices in the use of technology in schools
Compensation and Benefits
Yeshivat He’Atid offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit to learn more about the benefits of working at Yeshivat He’Atid. Yeshivat He’Atid is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com